Tuesday, August 19, 2014

hardin MT & buffalo WY

Bucci the BobCat hard at work in my sock drawer


Hardin MT is one of those little towns like you see on the  I-95 . Every fast food franchise known to man , a bunch of sleep cheaps …. the expectation bar is pretty low . I wondered if I could handle a run here ?? Took off from the (wifi / shower - equipped) campground and headed out a side road and hoped for the best . It was great ! Past a couple tidy ranches and a farm growing some kind of cabbage and the road turned to gravel . Then it drew alongside the coolest old cemetery you've ever seen ! Fairview ! Great name …. and it was a great view of town . Flowers everywhere . I very recently lost an Aunt who I loved very much . It hurt not being able to be with her or the family …. but this really helped somehow . There was a lot of peace here . Thnx Hardin - Fairview .

Hardin Sunset



A few hours down the road from Hardin, through the Crow Reservation and the Little Bighorn,  is Buffalo WY . I really wanted to come here . It made for the shortest drive of the journey so far,  so I had lots of time to visit . There is some great history here, one of the countries neatest hotels ( the Occidental ) ,  and some great running .



Buffalo WY Link


Link to the Occidental




 Rode my bike from camp into town, and had the opportunity to check out the running trail  ( 17 miles ) . Long Run !  I figured I needed a beer to carbo load for the long run and rambled in to the Occidental Saloon . I have been in some great western saloons . . . This one is a stand-out. I had a great local Amber and talked food and music with the bartender and my "compas" at the bar . Ready for the run


ah yes ... the never ending question ?

I get nervous if the first post is .1 mi 
this is thru town !

.... back yards

...parks

more parks


buffalo bocce

into town !

when it leaves trail for main street ....

.... you just follow the hoof printts

back to the trail
as trail goes up into Big Horns it turns to single trak

more of that scoria at finish

its 12 miles each way .
 .....no
but almost 14 total !


No comments:

Post a Comment