Monday, October 6, 2014

valley of the sand gods ... adios Moab




Later that day I headed down to Moab to watch my boys play( guesses ? ) and stopped at a little trail on the side of the road that I had driven by many times and wondered about . It was a shortie but had great view of Arches NP . When I got back to my car there was an old Jeep Cherokee parked next to it with bike and kayak and faded army green paint , huge off road wheels and accessories . A real piece . I introduced myself to the gal who was walking up to it and asked her " whats up with that !! "

She laughed and explained she was driving it back to Tucson from Alaska . ALASKA !! It was her sons . Long story . But after that …. she was driving to Mexico to see her family … and then … BIKING TO ARGENTINA. …. FROM MEXICO . By the time I picked my jaw up off ground we had said our good byes and I forgot to get a picture . .... biking to argentina ! Good luck Ima !



Leaving Moab …. tough ! Great place and maybe I will be back . Next stop Durango / Ignacio / Mesa Verde . But can't get that far in one day ( my limit is 3 or 4 hours ….. too many sights ! ) Found a nice place to camp on the San Juan River between Bluff Utah and Valley of the Gods …… brrr its getting cold at night .






No comments:

Post a Comment